Friday 27 August 2010

Been a while...

I've not posted for a while because..
a) I've been busy
b) I didn't feel like posting
c) I'm lazy

I've spent a few days finishing my final TMA for OU. It's good to know I don't need to spend any time reading, understanding, then re-wording what I've read and feeling frustrated that I can't just present my opinion, backed up by sound evidence of course !
It's also a bit sad that I've finished bar the exam, because it was nice to be forced to think and be creative. That's where this comes in I suppose. But I'm not obliged to write this, so it could easily become a once a month diary. I need to start revision soon btu not seriously until after next weekend. Which is what is playing on my mind a lot at the mo. I don't want to go which makes me feel weak and cowardly, which in turn makes me feel useless which makes me REALLY not want to go. I wish I could just share with daughter but that ain't gonna happen for a wile at least. I want to tell her how I feel and ask her how she feels but it could all get very messy and might spoil the day. Maybe in the car on the way back from the zoo thing.
I'm looking forward to grabbing some of the stuff to bring back but again it's gonna be a bit messy and I don't feel terribly strong. What I'd like is to just have it all delivered rather than go and sort it out and take it away like some house clearance dealer. But once it's over, I can coem back home and get on with our lives and maybe things will seem easier.
Looking forward to seeing mum and dad too. Got the usual guilt about dad having to pick up all the pieces. Have to play that by ear. Maybe a pint or two will help to ease that one. All in all, life will be far better once next weekend has been and gone. After that, we can maybe start to live for us and not have to fit our life round OU dates and trips to Lincolnshire.
So, I feel a bit better for writing this all down, which I suppose is as good a reason as any for doing it.
The best bit is that GF has had her tat done today, which we've planned for so long and it looks better than I ever thought it would. It means that she believes we'll be together for the long haul, or at least until she can no longer stand me ! (joke). She has done so much to be proud of. Things that everyone else takes for granted but for her have special meaning and difficulties. But she does them anyway because they are part of the long road to becoming free of baggage. Again, I am doing nothing to challenge myself. Maybe next weekend will help me to push my boundaries a bit. I hope so. All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment